HelpDeskEddy is able to receive e-mail. When you receive a new message, an Application is created. If the letter came from an unknown user - it will be created and by default it will be sent a notice of registration in the system. If you receive an additional response to the existing Application - it will be attached to the Application.
- Username/ E-mail – After that the system will try to determine other settings, but additional verification is required;
- Server type (our system supports POP3 and IMAP, as well as the box version of MAPI protocol);
- Port - Usually by default;
Please note that after setting the system will receive the last 100 messages that can already be stored in the mailbox, accordingly it will send out notifications (if necessary disable notifications at the time of incoming mail setting).
After setting, you can check the correctness of the entered data, using the following options (located in the same section):
- Mail check - Checking e-mail on request;
- View the log file - In the case of error, messages will appear.
By default, mail check occurs once every 5 minutes, if you need to frequently check the mailbox - please inform our support team of the desired interval.
The system collects only unread messages from the Inbox folder. If the letter was read before it was collected by the system, then it will not be displayed.
We also strongly advise not to use the same emails in the system as user (which are authorized in the system) and system (which will be connected to departments or in the global settings) - this can lead to message looping within the system.